Thursday, April 1, 2010

Joyeux Poisson d'avril!

Poisson d'avril = April Fool's Day, but poisson = fish

After learning about Poisson d'avril in my elementary French classes, it was neat to "experience" it. Really, there's not much to it. It's like April Fool's. Some people play tricks on friends and many completely forget what day it is. During my lunch break at JF, the teachers were trying to come up with a good trick for a colleague. I think they decided on telling her that retirement benefits just changed (she's retiring next year). Unfortunately, I had to leave before seeing it play out.

The biggest difference of course is the fish part. Kids make paper fish and tape them to the backs of friends and teachers. I got two put on my back today. It's a little cultural experience, but it makes me smile.

This day also makes me smile, because 7 years ago today, my then boyfriend said the "L" word for the first time. Je t'aime Thomas A!

1 comment:

  1. well after 7 years, I have only gained more of that "L" word for you.

    ReplyDelete