Wednesday, May 26, 2010

General Update

I have been horrible about blogging, je sais. Since my last pathetically short post, a lot has happened, which I'm using as my excuse for not blogging. Here's a quick update on life for Tom and Katie (mostly for Katie because Tom hasn't blogged since January 4), and I will try to elaborate soon.

My sister visited for 2 weeks, and we had an awesome 3 day excursion to Normandy. Unfortunately, she hurt her foot on her second day here, and fortunately it gave me the opportunity to make fun of her, and to use my French at clinics and pharmacies. Oh, believe you me, you'll hear more about this.

Today I finally signed up to take the Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF), a test that will assess my level of French. Test date is June 21, and I'm taking it at the Association d'Assistance Scolaire Linguistique et Culturelle (ASLC), where I will also be taking a prep course starting next week. I haven't had a lot of luck with classes here (German lady with her distracting dog and tangents, classes turning out to be in English, etc), so I'm really hoping this one goes well, yet sadly expect something crazy to happen.

I've also been looking for jobs in Indiana. No news. I'm not panicking. Not yet.

And, oh yeah, tomorrow we're going to Germany for a 5 day trip! Munich, the Ludwig II castles, and the Oberammergau passion play. I'm excited and only wishing I'd work harder on my German.

There's the quick version. More will be posted after Germany. So check back on Tuesday. Give me a nudge if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment