Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What's to Miss?

Well there are 9 days left of living it up in the U.S. Because there is so much that I will miss here in the States and yet so much to learn and experience in Paris, I can't decide if I'm sad, happy, excited, stressed, or crazy. As far as I know, I am still sane despite what my wife says every now and then.


I know the sad parts are the people in my life that I will miss the most. I will definitely miss all of my family and friends. I write "family AND friends" because most of my family are my Closest friends. People that I can hang out with and play any sport with and not seem like a family outing. In other words, when I'm with my family, it is by choice not obligation.


I will also miss working at the YMCA, because it's been more than just a place of employment. I have worked at the Y in Anderson for three years (as of Sept 2009). I started in JUST youth sports and then expanded into Aquatics, Before and After School care, and the rental department. I was a site director for youth sports working next to the director operating basketball and soccer programs and leagues. I then became fascinated with the aquatic environment. I became the Head lifeguard, Assistant Pool Operator, and a Lifeguard Instructor. As a head lifeguard, I was able to meet and get close and have tons of fun with many different people and it made me more outgoing and able to connect with others. Abilities that I plan to use in Paris. So to say that I will miss the Anderson YMCA, is a bit of an understatement.

Lately, my life has been wrapped up in My Wife and the YMCA. Thank God I will still have one with me in Paris and Thank God it will be my wonderful Wife. I love the Y very much, but nothing is better than my Katie.


1 comment: