Friday, December 18, 2009

These Teachers Know How to Party

There was a Christmas party at JF on Tuesday, and Tom and I were lucky enough to be guests. It started at 8pm and probably lasted long past 11:30pm, which is when we left to catch the last train headed back to Paris.

We tried foie gras for the first time and luckily we didn't hate it. Foie gras is a Christmas tradition for the French so I'm glad we (including picky Tom) were able to try this dish, although it's not something we would specifically request.

The rest of the party involved talking and laughing and drinking wine and champagne, maybe too much drinking thanks to Xavier who kept saying "rouge ou blanc," indicating we had no choice otherwise. There was also dancing. It was hilarious to see the teachers (and the principal!) I work with in this kind of context. Although this school is by far the most difficult that I work at, I really enjoy the company of these teachers. They are so encouraging and simply nice to be around- even when alcohol and dancing aren't involved.


Les Mecs. Funny guys.


Me with Sylvie, my partner in crime, meaning my partner for some of my English classes.


Tom braving the foie gras.


I'm not sure about this one...


It's almost Christmas break! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment