Thursday, January 7, 2010

German

As you can see from my "want to do list" on this blog, I want to work on another language. While at AU, I took 2 semesters of Spanish and 1 semester of German. I took Spanish because language majors have to take 2 semesters of another language, but also because it's very useful for working in non-profits in the US, which is one of my career possibilities. I even took a few Spanish classes at a language school in Indy last year while I was working at the Red Cross. I took German because I had a sudden interest in my heritage. This came right as I was changing my name and giving up my maiden (German) name. Now, I'm trying to learn more German because we hope to go to Germany this summer before coming home. Unfortunately, nothing seems to stick as well as French- my first language love.

After a few weeks of trying to regain back some of my German, I signed up for a German class. It is at the Association Philotechnique. It is an adult learning association and only cost 50for a class that goes until May! Sadly, I am not remembering as much as I thought I would and I am way behind! I'm also, obviously, learning German from French. If I can make it through this class, it will be an interesting experience.

1 comment:

  1. I started a French & German tutorial a while ago for people who are learning both or know one and want to learn the other. I plan on updating it soon since I'm finally back to studying German too. ielanguages.com/frenchgerman.html

    ReplyDelete