Saturday, October 3, 2009

My First Non-Backyard Badminton Experience.

This will be short and sweet. Mainly because it was only a couple of hours of badminton.

Badminton reminded me of playing tennis. The motions and strategies are very simular. This was pretty much the same group of people I played football with couple of wednesdays ago. Although they did not yell at me when I messed up, no they laughed WITH me. So lets just say there was a lot of laughing at first. Once I got the hang of it and the strategy, I was doing great. I was paired up with an British person who I believe was half asleep. He was nice but not very into any game or conversation. Only a couple of people there were truly badminton players, which meant all rules and regulations were in. All other three minute matches were just plain having fun. It is awesome how laughter means the same in at least four different languages.

Tonight, Nuit Blanche
Next Wednesday of sports is Volleyball. Katie is signed up to play that one with me. So I am very excited for Wednesday. Someone pretty to translate for me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment